Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Take a look in the mirror! or Take a picture. It lasts longer!

An interesting thing happens when a woman looks in the mirror.  Either she looks at herself, seeing only 
the best of her features..."Nice, I look good!".  Or, when she sees her reflection, all she sees is her flaws..
"Oh man, look at the size of my butt! Sheesh!".  

A picture can give you a better idea of what you truly look like.  Of course, there are people who are very photogenic and then there are people like me, who couldn't  take a good picture if my life depended on it. Usually I will avoid the camera at all costs. So I was not looking forward to having my BEFORE  pictures taken. But there was no way around it. It had to be done. I put on my tightest workout clothes and had my daughter take pictures.  Uhg! I took a deep breath and let it all hang out.  No sucking it in for these shots.  
I want the worse BEFORE pics I can get so that I can truly see what kind of progress I am making in the coming months.  I am actually looking forward to having pictures taken of my (future) buff arms and my awesomely tight abs. By the way, I'm the type who says "Nice, I look good!" and I overlook all my flaws.

Someday soon I will be able to look in the mirror and stop lying to my reflection.








No comments:

Post a Comment